Life after the Navy

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Well I was just surfing and ran across "Blogs". I remembered I signed up for one a while back. It had kind of skipped my mind. I looked it up. It has been right at a year since I started this thing and have not made a post since.

A lot of things have changed since then. I am no longer at the building supply store. I now work for a Nuclear waste disposal plant. The basic process is to take old waste, which had been buried in the ground, dig it up. We then take it and put it in a giant trash compactor and smash it the ship it down to N.M. for underground storage. Right now the plant is still inthe startup stage. We have a few more "bugs" to work out and the we will be up and running. So right now we mostly sit around and surf the net.

On the lighter side of things. I have made a lot of new friends since my very first post. I have played a lot of golf this summer. I am still not any good. I consistently shoot 103 to 110. About 1 1/2 months ago I bought 3 motorcycles. A 2000 XR400, 1986 XR250(bored to 280) and 1987 XR250. Golf has gone to the way side. My brother inlaw and our sons go riding every sunday. It is almost a "religous" experience. You ought to see ithe sights. The mountains in Idaho are beautiful. I will post a few pics when I get home today. Hunting seasons is coming on and I can hear the Elk trembling already. Or maybe that is them rolling on the ground laughing at me for another year. More on that subject to come in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home